Dieting is a perspective-basis term. Though technically defined as eating pattern by itself, dieting has already meant different things to various people.
To some dieting is meal modification to achieve healthier and fitter bodies. To the other half of the population, on the other hand, it may mean as a technique to achieve slimmer bodies in the soonest possible time.
That is why consumers are presented with various diet techniques and programs which you can indulge in. And here are two of the modern dieting techniques which many clients look into worldwide.
Diet Programs in a Glimpse
Formal and non-formal diet programs are those dieting techniques which are touted by many dieting experts, dieticians and nutritionists.
This type of dieting strategy involves an overall modification of eating and activity.
Here are some of the most common diet programs available in the market.
- Jenny Craig Diet. This type of diet program involves one-on-one consultations with a registered dietician. In these interactions, you and the diet consultant work on a personalized eating pattern and activity or exercise plans.
- Volumetrics Diet. First established by the Penn State University, involves energy awareness. As such, you will be able to establish a working weight management plan.
- Weight Watcher’s Diet. This involves a point system which assigns a specific point to a specific type of food. While on the dieting therapy, you will be obliged to follow this system and will further be obliged to stick to the total number of points as your daily intake. There are no restrictions to the type of food which you can eat. However, you can’t take in more than the total designated number of points.
- Raw Food Diet. The term itself will tell you that you will only cater meals concerning greens. This type of meal pattern roots from the belief that cooking destroys most of what food can offer. Advocates of this diet also eat raw animal products such as sashimi and cheese (raw milk-based).
Fad Diets in Weight Loss
An eccentric type of eating patterns which are popularized to promote weight loss are called fad diets. These types of diet patterns usually involved highlighting of a specific food of food groups.
- Beverly Hills Diet. Popularized in 1981, this type of dieting mainly involves fruits and vegetables with conscious involvement of carbohydrates. It is believed that for you to lose weight, you will have to provide a venue for proper digestion. Otherwise, these meals get stocked up and weight gain ensues.
- South Beach Diet. This type of diet needs meticulous and strict compliance. It involves 3 phases of dieting. The 1st phase involves removal of carbohydrates and fattening foods in the diet. The 2nd phase involves reintroduction of these previously avoided foods in the diet. However, strict moderation is employed. The 3rd phase involves changing the lifestyle permanently. In simpler terms, you will have to live and deal with it.
In all honesty, there is no perfect way to weight loss. What you do is what you are.
You may combine weight loss pills with these programs to get the best results.